Focus on HealthcareAHCAP focuses on just one industry – healthcare. That means an immediate kinship; every association member understands what impacts your work – the rapid pace, the industry lingo, the “I needed it yesterday” requests...
We respond to these needs by providing you, the healthcare administrative professional, with the tailored and specific education and tools you want and need.
- At least six FREE webinars per year -- on general administrative topics like office technology, organization and time management PLUS pertinent and timely healthcare-related topics
- An annual conference that is unmatched in relevance and value; time spent investing in your career and networking with peers
- Notations quarterly electronic newsletter -- with helpful administrative topics AND a healthcare focus in every issue
- Tuition discounts with educational institutions to advance your education and keep your skills at their peak
Communication & Networking
- No one knows better than a healthcare administrative professional that healthcare is an industry where change is constant – and therefore, communication is critical. AHCAP is committed to keeping its members in the know through a series of avenues:
- Monthly News You Need emails to keep you informed about association news and benefits
- An online Member Directory to find and connect with other members
- Social media channels, including Facebook and LinkedIn where you can communicate and network with your colleagues in healthcare administration
- An online members-only Discussion Forum where you can
- Pose a question, like:
- Can someone help me craft a job description?
- Does anyone have a template for a policy I can use?
- Ask for advice, such as:
- Any recommendations for dealing with a difficult co-worker?
- I’m so glad I took the cHAP certification!
- Pose a question, like:
Professional Development, Leadership & RecognitionOnly AHCAP understands your desire to be the very best healthcare administrative professional you can be – and that leadership, growth and recognition are important to you too! That’s why the Association offers several opportunities to continue your education and to showcase your skills:
- Earn the Certified Healthcare Administrative Professional (cHAP) designation - the only administrative professional certification to verify your knowledge of regulatory and governance topics.
- Participate in one or more of AHCAP’s standing committees to be a decision-maker, improve your leadership skills and network.
- Become eligible to be nominated for the Award of Distinction, AHCAP's highest honor, awarded to one member each year for contributions and/or accomplishments that advance the profession of healthcare administrative support.
- Access to the AHCAP Job Bank -- search for jobs and/or post your resume
- Networking with fellow members to find out about new job opportunities
PLEASE NOTE: Due to federal anti-spam regulations, most member communications, including Notations e-magazine, monthly emails, surveys, and webinar and other announcements, are delivered via broadcast email through MailChimp. If your employer blocks email delivery from this type of broadcast email service, please log in to your member profile and change your email address to your home/personal address to ensure we are able to fulfill all your member benefits.
GENERAL MEMBERSHIP – $195
Membership Types & Rates
- For professionals who provide administrative support to executives and senior management in healthcare organizations such as hospitals, healthcare systems, associations, health plans, and any other organization with healthcare as their primary mission. Active members may hold committee and leadership positions.
- For example, BJC HealthCare, Kansas Hospital Association, SSM Health System
- For professionals who previously held a General Membership but no longer qualify due to retirement from their qualifying position. Retired members may hold committee and leadership positions.
- For individuals and companies that support healthcare administrators or provide products or services to the healthcare industry at large. Associate members may be appointed to committees but may not hold leadership positions.
- For example, FisherBroyles LLP, Passageways
The Value of AHCAP Membership…For You and Your Organization
|The Benefits You Want And Need:||Association for
Healthcare Administrative Professionals
|Other Administrative Professional
|Value to AHCAP Members vs.
|An association completely focused on healthcare administrative professionals||
|No in-depth focus on healthcare|
|Annual conference featuring administrative topics AND experts in healthcare||
|Speakers and topics vary||$100 if you attend conference|
|Free webinars on administrative topics AND the latest news and trends in healthcare||
|Typically $50 - $100 for other webinar offerings||$300+ if you attend all webinars|
|Certified Healthcare Administrative Professional Certification (cHAP) (discounted for members)||
|No certifications focused on healthcare administrative professionals||$150 if you apply for certification|
|Job Bank – FREE to post a listing||
|Most online job listings exceed $200||$200+ if you post one or more job listings|
|One year free membership after loss of a job||
|Comparison information not available||$195 if you become unemployed|
|Tuition discounts with educational partners||
|Comparison information not available||Hundreds to thousands if you pursue continuing education|
|Annual Award of Distinction for excellence as a healthcare administrative professional||
|No recognition focused on healthcare administrative professionals|
|Notations e-magazine that includes articles on increasing professional skills AND features on the healthcare industry||
|No in-depth focus on healthcare|
|Comparison information not available||Amounts varied if you are selected|